Suggested Sample Performance Indicators
Program leads are encouraged to establish performance indicators appropriate to the program or discipline. Program leads and faculty are encouraged to use and adapt VALUE rubrics provided by the Association of American Colleges and Universities.
Community and Global Awareness
Become informed, open-minded, and responsible people who: are attentive to diversity; understand how their actions affect both local and global communities; address the community’s and world’s issues collaboratively and equitably.
- Analyze connections between the worldviews, power structures, and experiences of multiple cultures historically or in contemporary contexts, incorporating respectful interactions with other cultures.
- Evaluate the community and global impact of one’s own and others’ specific local actions on the natural and human world.
- Analyze the ethical, social, and environmental consequences of community and global systems and identifies a range of actions informed by one’s sense of personal and civic responsibility.
- Create and evaluate solutions to community and global challenges using multiple disciplinary perspectives (such as cultural, historical, and scientific).
- Analyze elements of community and global systems, including their historic and contemporary interconnections, to pose solutions to problems in the human and natural worlds.
These performance indicators were adapted in part with permission from Assessing Outcomes and Improving Achievement: Tips and tools for Using Rubrics, edited by Terrel L. Rhodes. Copyright 2010 by the Association of American Colleges and Universities.