Are You Ready for Online Classes?
Please take the following assessment and use it as a tool to help you determine if
online classes are right for you.
If you have questions, feel unsure after taking the assessment, or would just like
to discuss online classes further, please contact Pat at:
KCC Distance Education
Pat Hockersmith, Director of Distance Education
Select the answer that best describes you. Be sure to enter your name and email address
and click the submit button.
1. I plan to take courses online because:
2. My need to take this online course now is:
3. I am someone who:
4. I think I am:
5. I can devote ________ of uninterrupted time to an online class.
6. My job and personal schedule allow me:
7. I have dropped a college class after the term has started:
8. Feeling like I’m a part of the class is:
9. Discussing the subject of a course lesson is:
10. In-class discussions that the instructor leads are:
11. Concerning technology, I have:
12. When I need to or am asked to use new software, smartphone,
or some other technology that’s new to me:
13. My technology skills are:
14. Which statement about learning best describes you?
15. When I need help in class:
16. When it comes to analyzing class materials and expressing
my own opinions about them I feel:
17. When an instructor hands out directions for an assignment,
18. I need instructor comments on my assignments:
19. Face-to-face communication is:
20. As a reader, I would classify myself as:
21. I would describe my writing skills as: