Out of State Academic Student Complaint Procedure

In compliance with the Higher Education Opportunities Act of 2008 (HEOA), the U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) conducted a Negotiated Rule Making Process in 2010, and institutions offering distance education must provide enrolled and prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with its accrediting agency and with the appropriate state agency for handling complaints in the student's state.

It is recommended that students taking online classes at Klamath Community College first pursue their concerns with the college. Students taking online classes at Klamath Community College who reside out-of-state should follow the policies and procedures for filing a grievance, complaint, or appeal as outlined in the Student Handbook.

The College anticipates that most issues will be resolved informally by way of discussion between the student and the appropriate staff member. If, after following the college's procedure, the issue cannot be resolved internally and the student seeks further resolution, the student can refer to the contacts below for the appropriate accrediting body or state agency.

Accrediting Agency

Klamath Community College is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Information regarding their complaint process can be found by selecting the link to “Complaint Process” in the left margin.

State Agencies

For out-of-state students:

Complaint Resolution Contacts -- by State (Compiled by the State Higher Education Executive Officers [SHEEO]).