The Klamath Basin Public Safety Training Center works in close collaboration with the emergency responders in Klamath and Lake Counties as well as other Oregon universities. We are a coalition of education and public safety agencies working together to advance the education, training and skills of emergency responders to sustain viable communities. The partnership’s goals are to:
- Provide high quality training targeted to the needs of the regional public safety communities,
- Create a continuum of academic degree options in: Emergency Medical Services, Structural and Wildland Fire Sciences and Criminal Justice,
- Build a training and drill facility that supports local emergency responders and college training programs and;
- Enhance the economic viability of the Klamath Basin through workforce education.
To reach our goals KCC and its partners have embarked on the following objectives:
- Build and maintain an educational delivery system that provides the highest quality training to public responders.
- Provide a realistic hands-on training facility so that current and future public safety responders can develop and practice skills in a safe and practical manner.
- Through partnerships with local response agencies, provide supervised field experience as a part of the educational process.
- Enlist qualified local, regional, and national emergency response professionals as instructors to bring real world experience to classroom and training.
- Offer quality, forward-thinking academic courses and programs producing superior public safety sector leadership for the future.
- Build our cooperative partnerships with the local response agencies to ensure their continuing education and career advancement training needs are met.