Federal Work Study
A "Federal Work Study" student has financial need and has
qualified through the Financial Aid Office for a federally funded program. The student is approved a specific allotment
of money which can be earned.
Any employment that is not from federal or state programs is considered "Student Worker," and is funded totally through the individual department.
Current Available Positions
||5/31/2020 9:24:39 AM
Summary of Job:
Bilingual High School Equivalency Program (HEP) GED Tutors are responsible for assisting students in targeted subject areas via individual or group tutoring sessions. Tutoring sessions may take place face to face or via ZOOM, SKYPE or other webinar platforms. This is a part time position with flexible hours of approximately 10-30 hours per week. Student worker pay applies. Tutors are hired on a term-to-term basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help students with content previously covered in the classroom.
- Aid students with problem solving strategies.
- Provide support with use of principles, formulas, or others depending on the subject area.
- Identify and record common problem areas for the purpose of developing support services and reference materials.
- FERPA adherence is mandatory.
- Contribute to a friendly and productive learning environment and participate in the overall academic and personal growth and development of participants.
- Meet regularly with supervisor and faculty of targeted area.
- Follow and enforce all KCC policies and procedures.
- Complete tutor training as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITITES NEED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to relate to students at various academic levels and need.
- Dependable, honest, responsible, punctual.
- Friendly, patient, positive attitude.
- Demonstrate professionalism, creativity, enthusiasm and encourage student success.
- Must be able to work with faculty and staff to insure understanding of material and expectations in order to contribute to the students’ academic growth and success.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Grade B or higher in subject areas.
- Overall GPA of 3.00 required.
- KCC faculty recommendation.
- This position requires sitting at a desk or table, standing at a white board or table, or a combination of both.