FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
It should be the first step in the journey of funding your education.
The FAFSA is a requirement of the Oregon Promise and ADP application processes.
Find more information about FAFSA here.
The Federal Pell Grant Program provides need-based grants to low-income undergraduate and certain post baccalaureate students.
Grant amounts are dependent on:
- The student's Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- The cost of attendance (as determined by the institution)
- The student's enrollment status (full-time or part-time)
- Whether the student attends for a full academic year or less
To be considered for a Pell Grant, you must fill out your FAFSA.
More information about Pell Grants here.
Oregon Promise is open to Oregon high school graduates and GED recipients who:
- Had a high school GPA (grade point average) of 2.5 or higher, or a GED score of 145 or higher
- Plan to attend KCC for at least half time for six months
- Have been an Oregon resident for 12 or more months
- Have completed a FAFSA or ORSA with KCC listed
- Have completed less than 90 credits
Oregon Promise covers some or all of the tuition at an Oregon community college for up to two years.
More information about Oregon Promise here.
Advanced Diploma Program (ADP):
The advanced diploma program is open to high school seniors who have:
- Complete the requirements for a regular diploma at yourhigh school by the end of your senior year.
- Applied for KCC admission or have dual credit.
- Will enroll in 9 to 12 credit hours at KCC.
- Apply during your senior year before graduation. You are ineligible if you apply after graduation.
The advanced diploma program allows qualifying high school seniors to receive one full year of college courses at no charge to the student.
More information about ADP here.
The KCC Foundation, as well as various local and national organizations, offer several scholarships. Different scholarships have different requirements, so make sure to read them all before you apply.
More information about KCC Foundation scholarships here.
More information about other scholarships here.