FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. It should be the first step in the journey of funding your education.
The FAFSA is a requirement of the Oregon Promise application processes.
The Federal Pell Grant Program provides need-based grants to low-income undergraduate and certain post baccalaureate students.
Grant amounts are dependent on:
- The student's Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- The cost of attendance (as determined by the institution)
- The student's enrollment status (full-time or part-time)
- Whether the student attends for a full academic year or less
To be considered for a Pell Grant, you must fill out your FAFSA.
More information about Pell Grants .
- Year-Round Pell Grants allow students to receive extra grant money to take classes during summer term.
Oregon Promise is open to Oregon high school graduates and GED recipients who:
- Had a high school GPA (grade point average) of 2.5 or higher, or a GED score of 145 or higher
- Plan to attend KCC for at least half time for six months
- Have been an Oregon resident for 12 or more months
- Have completed a FAFSA or ORSA with KCC listed
- Have completed less than 90 credits
Oregon Promise covers some or all of the tuition at an Oregon community college for up to two years.
More information about Oregon Promise.
Badger to Owl Connection
Students who meet the required Badger to Owl Connection criteria will earn a first term tuition waiver at Oregon Tech, up to 15 credits of tuition value, and a last term (prior to graduation) tuition remission waiver at Oregon Tech, up to 15 credits of value.
More information about Badger to Owl.
15 to Finish
KCC now has one more way to give a big boost to our students’ success! 15 to Finish will pay for three lecture credits to students who take 15 credits or more per term. That’s nearly $300 per term that KCC is willing to contribute toward educational expenses.
More information about 15 to Finish.
The KCC Foundation, as well as various local and national organizations, offer several scholarships. Different scholarships have different requirements, so make sure to read them all before you apply.
More information about KCC Foundation scholarships.
More information about other scholarships.
More information about the RISE scholarship.