What is Title IX?
Title IX provides protection against gender-based discrimination. Klamath Community College is committed to creating a learning and working environment that ensures equal access and opportunity to education and resources for all of its students, free of bias, discrimination, and harassment. This includes:
- Sexual assault/misconduct
- Sexual harassment
- Domestic and dating violence
- Gender discrimination (including gender-based bullying)
- Discrimination against pregnant and parenting students
- Retaliation against reporters of any of the above
We understand that sexual violence can undermine students’ academic success, and we encourage students who have experienced any form of sexual misconduct or discrimination to talk to someone about their experience, in order to get the support they need.
What is our goal?
- Investigation: Thorough, Reliable, Impartial
- Process: Prompt, Effective, Equitable
- Remedies: End the discrimination, Prevent its recurrence, Remedy the effects upon the victim & community
If you have experienced or observed sexual violence/assault, harassment, or discrimination of any kind, you can make a report here
, or you may contact the Director of Title IX and Student Conduct at 541-880-2364
24-Hour Crisis Line
: students are encouraged to contact the Klamath Crisis Center at 541-884-0390
for support and assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For more information on local and national resources related to sexual assault and discrimination, see the Resources for Support
Title IX Coordinator
Joseph Maurer, Director of Title IX & Student Conduct
Office: Building 3, Room 324
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or titleIX@klamathcc.edu
Title IX Investigators
- Jennifer Briscoe, Faculty - Health Information Management
- Mike Homfeldt, Facilities Director
- Steven Morton, Systems Optimization and Integration Manager
- Dennis Narron, Campus Safety Coordinator
- Jaclyn Nott, Grants Assistant
- Cathy Saunders, Faculty - Business & Management
Title IX appeals will be handled by an appropriate campus executive.