1. STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Support Services Council’s mission is to provide an open forum for creating
substantive, useful recommendations to the College Council that will augment the
effectiveness of the college pertaining to student services, student rights and
The Support Services Council’s charter is to present operational policy changes
related to aspects of policy other than instruction to College Council.
2. STATEMENT OF MEMBERSHIP
3. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES OF CHAIR & RECORD KEEPING
Membership shall include the Dean for Administrative Services plus 11 voting members
comprised of a Compliance Officer, plus 2 representatives from Student Services,
Administrative Services, Information Services, Administrative Faculty and Students.
- Terms of service
Membership on the committee rotates to provide continuity of the flow of information
and committee responsibilities. Membership to the committee should be first voluntary,
and if necessary, appointed by the appropriate Dean.
Duties of the Chair:
- Call meetings of Support Services Council
- Make arrangements for meetings (room schedule, time etc.)
- Develop an agenda for meetings
- Lead meetings in an orderly manner and in accordance with agenda
- Vote in cases of tie votes
The administrative assistant to the Dean for Administrative Services shall serve
as secretary and be a voting member of the committee with primary responsibilities
for recording and distributing all the minutes.
- Roberts Rules of Order were adopted.
- A 50% quorum is required for voting issues
- Acceptance of minutes is required
- Meetings follow printed agenda
- Meetings will be held monthly on the 3rd Thursday at 2:30p.m., as needed.
In making a recommendation to the College Council, Support Services shall agree
upon the recommendations before forwarding it to the College Council. Recommendations
from Support Services shall be submitted to the Council in writing. The College
Council will receive, review, and act upon the recommendations from Support Services
in a timely manner.