Reverse Transfer Degree

Will you transfer from KCC before earning your Associate Degree?

About the Program: This program is between Oregon’s public community colleges and universities which offers students, who have not yet received a degree, the option of obtaining an associate’s degree through “Reverse Transfer”. The program will allow students who have earned at least 24 credits from Klamath Community College, to earn their associate’s degree after they have moved on to another college by applying college credits received elsewhere toward their KCC associate’s degree. Students, who have at least 24 credits from KCC and 90 or more total credits between KCC and any other regionally accredited institution, are encouraged to take part in the “Reverse Transfer” degree evaluation. See Steps to Your Reverse Transfer Degree below to get started today.

Benefits of obtaining an Associate Degree:

  • It creates motivation by a feeling of accomplishment. Students who receive an associate’s degree through “Reverse Transfer” can see that their hard work pays off and are more likely to complete their bachelor’s degree.
  • Having both an associate’s degree and bachelor’s degree on your resume reflects a broader view of your education and is more enticing to future employers.
  • If you find it necessary to take a break in your education, it will be much easier to re-enter the university system by already having an associate’s degree.
  • An associate’s degree that is in a more technical or applied area than a bachelor’s degree, can be a strong point to a potential employer showing that you have both hands-on and theoretical knowledge in a given field.

Steps to Your Reverse Transfer Degree:

  1. Complete the Permission to Perform a Reverse Transfer Audit and return it to:
    Klamath Community College
    Registrar’s Office
    7390 S. 6th St.
    Klamath Falls, OR 97603
  2. If you have attended OIT, allow 30 days for KCC to obtain your transcript from OIT and run a degree audit to determine your eligibility of an Associate’s Degree from KCC. If you have attended any other college other than OIT and wish to have those credits included in the audit, you must have each institution send your official transcript to Klamath Community College.
  3. KCC will contact you regarding the status of your associate’s degree.


Klamath Community College
Registrar's Office

A collaboration between Oregon's Community Colleges and the Oregon University System.