Aug. 24, 2020
Klamath Community College’s reopening plans were approved by the KCC Board of Trustees on Wednesday, Aug. 19, at a special meeting. The documents that were approved are:
- Reopening Plan: Guidance for Conduct of In-Person Instructional Activities
- Reopening Operational Plan
- Communicable Disease Management Plan
KCC is committed to providing a safe and healthy educational environment, and has shifted course delivery and campus activities and resources in response to the COVID-19 global pandemic and to help slow the rate of exposure and potential illness.
Safety precautions for general instruction include:
- Establish a minimum of 35 square feet per person when determining room capacity, calculated based only on usable classroom space.
- Modify the physical layout of classrooms to permit students to maintain at least 35 square feet of distance between one another and the instructor(s). This may include changes to traffic flow, desk, or chair arrangements, or maximum capacity.
- Physical barriers are acceptable instead of, or in addition to, 35 square feet or more of spacing between people.
- Require face coverings in all classrooms and laboratory settings for both students and instructors. Physical barriers are acceptable instead of, or in addition to, 35 square feet or more of spacing between people.
- Develop a plan for maintaining instructional continuity should an instructor become ill, or if exposure to the virus occurs in an in-person classroom.
- Students can request remote access to most KCC fall term courses. Contact Student Services or your instructor to learn about delivery options for your courses.
The KCC library and Tutoring Center will be open at 50 percent capacity, with limited hours. The KCC Testing Center will be open during regular business hours and will use physical distancing and physical barriers to ensure proper distance between testers.
Campus access is limited to student-serving activities only. Admissions, and financial aid offices are currently open. Students and prospective students who would like to meet in-person with these staff on campus must adhere to physical distancing guidelines and wear a face covering. Student Services can also be reached remotely by calling 541-882-3521 or emailing email@example.com.
The Klamath Center for Education and Training (K-CET) is limited to student-serving activities only. Students and prospective students who would like to meet in-person with these staff on campus, must adhere to physical distancing guidelines and wear a face covering. K-CET can also be reached remotely by calling 541-880-2366 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
KCC will continue to reevaluate the situation based on recommendations from state and local health authorities, the Center for Disease and Control Prevention, and the Higher Education Coordinating Commission, and make updates as appropriate.
Click to the links in the column on the right side of this page to read the documents or to fill out a face covering exemption form (students only). Employees who would like to fill out a face covering exemption form should contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Read the news release discussing the reopening documents at https://www.klamathcc.edu/en-US/About/News-and-Events/News/News-Stories/KCC-Board-of-Trustees-approves-plan;-college-to-re?viewmode=0