The KCC CARE Team (Concern - Assess - Respond - Evaluate) is a multidisciplinary team that was created to accept referrals regarding individuals in distress, struggling with meeting basic needs, experiencing an unexpected crisis, or whose behavior raises concerns about the well-being or safety of themselves or others.
The CARE Team has representation by the following departments/offices:
- Counseling & Student Support Services
- Campus Safety
- Disability Services
- Financial Aid
- Student Conduct/Title IX
- Student Life
How to Submit a Student of Concern & CARE Team Referral
Do not use this form to report events that pose an IMMEDIATE THREAT to health or safety.
If you require emergency assistance please contact KCC Campus Safety
or dial 911.
A member of the CARE Team will review the referral form Monday - Friday within 24 business hours.
When to submit a form
There are many reasons why faculty, staff or students might refer a student to the CARE Team. Some of the reasons may include (but not be limited to): suicide ideation, depression, substance abuse, disruptive behavior in class, making violent statements, or the reporting party feeling threatened by a student or having concerns for a student's welfare.
What to expect
If you contact a member of the CARE Team to refer a student you can expect the following:
- We take every referral seriously.
- Each response is unique, based on the needs of the student referred and the situation.
- You may be contacted by a member of the CARE Team to get more information or clarification regarding your referral.
- While we follow the guidelines set forth by FERPA and the professional principles of confidentiality, all of these guidelines allow information disclosure in cases where the health and safety of a College community member may be at risk.