Suggested Sample Performance Indicators
Program leads are encouraged to establish performance indicators appropriate to the program or discipline. Program leads and faculty are encouraged to use and adapt VALUE rubrics provided by the Association of American Colleges and Universities.
Professional Competence and Self-Efficacy
Apply knowledge, skills, and attitudes to succeed in a profession or academic program; demonstrate confidence and ability to meet personal, social, academic, and professional goals.
- Use technology and other resources to find information.
- Complete all assigned tasks by deadline; work accomplished is thorough and comprehensive.
- Pursue opportunities to expand knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Increase understanding of self and others.
- Use methods of inquiry or expression of a discipline or profession, such as observation, experimentation, experience, analysis, diagnosis, or creative process.
These performance indicators were adapted in part with permission from Assessing Outcomes and Improving Achievement: Tips and tools for Using Rubrics, edited by Terrel L. Rhodes. Copyright 2010 by the Association of American Colleges and Universities.