The Wellness Committee provides leadership, planning, and event management to improve the quality of life for the KCC campus community in all aspects of well-being.
We envision a better, healthier future for our community.
We envision a growing awareness of and participation in healthy activities and behaviors for staff and faculty at KCC.
We envision the College growing into a role of leading by example to increase wellness activities and opportunities for future generations of students and the community.
We envision growing into roles that support our physical, social, emotional, and financial well-being.
We envision our activities fostering a college-wide sense of community, camaraderie, and wellbeing.
- Leverage funding opportunities from community, regional, or national partners through grants or other options.
- Accomplish physical changes to the college campus that will be used sustainably by faculty, staff, and/or students.
- Accomplish long-term physical changes to the KCC campus that will be sustainable for use by the general public.
- Attain at least one grant within three years.
- Hold a wellness event at least once each term, minimum four per year.
- Design a modular plan for a campus walking trail that may be constructed in segments.
- Design in coordination with Art on Campus Committee to include artistic elements.
- Design with intent to include exercise stations.
- Wellness Center design in the hopper for available space such as LRC, bookstore, etc.
For our staff and faculty
Promoting well-being is the right thing to do.
For our students
If we are healthy it helps us provide quality service and model a healthy lifestyle to our students.
For our college
Research says improving workplace health improves productivity, reduces absenteeism, and reduces turnover.