Suggested Sample Performance Indicators
Program leads are encouraged to establish performance indicators appropriate to the program or discipline. Program leads and faculty are encouraged to use and adapt VALUE rubrics provided by the Association of American Colleges and Universities.
Demonstrate effective and appropriate interaction in a variety of cultural contexts.
These performance indicators were adapted in part with permission from Assessing Outcomes and Improving Achievement: Tips and tools for Using Rubrics, edited by Terrel L. Rhodes. Copyright 2010 by the Association of American Colleges and Universities.
- Suspends judgment in interactions with culturally different others
- Asks complex questions about other cultures and seeks out answers to these questions
- Recognizes and participates in cultural differences in verbal and nonverbal communication
- Recognizes intellectual and emotional dimensions of more than one worldview
- Demonstrates understanding of the complexity of elements important to members of another culture. in relation to its history, values, politics, communication styles, economy, or beliefs and practices
- Recognizes new perspectives about own cultural rules and biases
- Analyzes ethical, social, and environmental consequences of community and global systems and identifies personal and civic responsibilities