Gerardo Rios Andrade
HEP Outreach Specialist

Marcelo Peralta
HEP GED Instructor
If you are a migrant or seasonal farmworker, you can earn your General Education Development (GED) diploma through the Klamath Center for Education and Training (K-CET).


HEP is a federally funded program designed to support migrant and seasonal farmworkers (or immediate family members) to obtain the equivalent of a high school diploma.

Our goals are to support the success of migrant and seasonal farm worker students by helping them to enroll and complete their GED in Spanish or English and to continue on to postsecondary education or training programs, upgraded employment, or the military.

For more information please call our HEP Coordinator, Tessa Gutierrez at: 541-880-2346, or visit the Klamath Community College campus.

7390 South 6th Street
Klamath Falls, OR 97603
Work Skills Technology Center, Room 821

Request more information

( ) -


The High School Equivalency Program (HEP) provides migrant and seasonal farmworkers and/or their immediate family members with an intensive study program to pursue their GED in Spanish or English. If eligible, students can enroll at any time during the regular academic year.
HEP provides the academic skills necessary to pass the GED exams and other services, including:
  • Academic advising
  • Academic workshops
  • Books and materials
  • Classes in Spanish and English
  • Tutoring services
  • Technology and computer literacy
Students may also be eligible for assistance with childcare or transportation.

For more information

  1. Come to the HEP office in the Work Skills Technology Center, Rm. 821, on the KCC campus OR call 541-880-2366.
  2. Determine eligibility - complete an interview with High School Equivalency Program staff to evaluate candidacy and answer questions.
  3. Fill out an application and take admission tests to determine your academic level in math, reading and writing.
  4. Attend a first-day orientation advising session.