General scholarship fund
KCC Foundation scholarships are for students enrolled in a degree or certificate program at Klamath Community College. The scholarship is applied toward tuition and fees first and if there are remaining funds, they can be used for expenses related to educational needs. All scholarship awards are reviewed by KCC’s Financial Aid department to determine eligibility for Foundation support before funds are applied to student accounts.
Specific criteria for KCC Foundation scholarship support. Students must:
- be enrolled in a degree or certificate program at KCC for summer or fall 2022,
- have a cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher,
- demonstrate eligibility for Title IV Federal Financial Aid by completing, or having completed, the FAFSA.
If not available at the time of applying, students will need to provide (prior to scholarship panel review):
- most recent unofficial transcripts,
- a current recommendation letter from a teacher, counselor, or employer,
- a short description of your educational goals and the impacts this scholarship will have on your education,
- a list of any community activities, leadership positions, or extra-curricular activities in which you are involved.
Educational access & opportunity (EAO) scholarship fund
KCC Foundation Educational Access & Opportunity (EAO) scholarships are a great resource to help students pay for their education expenses and unlike loans, do not have to be repaid. EAO scholarships are awarded to students who meet specific qualifications designated by donors and the KCC Foundation Scholarship Committee.
EAO funds support KCC students who are not eligible for traditional Title IV financial aid (FAFSA) in programming such as:
- non-credit workforce skill or pre-apprenticeship training,
- adult education GED/ESL (K-CET),
- registered apprenticeships,
- SBDC and entrepreneurial programming,
- credit based academic programming.
EAO funds can be used in a variety of ways, including Tuition and Fees, the purchase of technology in support of schoolwork, and tools or equipment needed to successfully complete your studies or training.
EAO scholarships are capped at $500 per educational year – Summer Term through Spring Term
Specific criteria for KCC Foundation EAO scholarship support. Students must:
- be enrolled in an EAO eligible program at KCC during a current or upcoming term,
- attest to not being eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA),
- describe need for funds,
- provide documentation for specific expenses for which funds are sought.