Students are expected to maintain reasonable standards of behavior as they pursue their educational goals. Enrollment at KCC carries with it certain obligations and responsibilities that are respectful of the mission and functions of the college.
Certain standards maintain the integrity of the institution and promote the welfare of the college community. Unwillingness or inability to abide by these standards may result in disciplinary action. Students shall:
- Be responsible college citizens, respecting the rights and freedoms of others, individual differences, and diversity;
- Practice academic honesty. Students shall not cheat, plagiarize, steal examinations or course material, knowingly furnish false information to the college, or forge, alter, or misuse college documents, records, or identification;
- Assist the educational process. Students shall not obstruct or disrupt teaching or other authorized college activities and functions on college-controlled property or in the community. Students shall not have unauthorized entry to or use of college facilities or block access to or egress from such areas;
- Respect individual dignity. Students shall not participate in physical or verbal abuse or behave in a manner which threatens or endangers the health or safety of any person on collegecontrolled property or at functions sponsored or supervised by the college. Students shall not participate in sexual or other harassment of any member of the college community, or display conduct which is disorderly, lewd or obscene;
- Respect the property of others. Students shall not steal or damage college property or that of a member of the college community or a visitor to college facilities;
- Use college supplies, equipment and funds only as authorized by college staff;
- Not use, possess, or distribute alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, firearms, explosives, dangerous chemicals, substances, instruments, or other weapons or items which can be used to inflict bodily harm or damage on college-controlled property or at functions sponsored or supervised by the college. In certain instances, pre-approval may be granted for in-class display or demonstration;
- Comply with the directions of college officials acting in the performance of their duties. Students shall not violate college policies or regulations, including those regarding student organization. Refrain from tobacco use in all campus buildings. Use of tobacco products is permitted only in designated areas.
- Students shall not have cell phones, pagers, PDA’s or other electronic devices on audio response while in classrooms, the LRC, or other learning environments.
- Students shall not falsify student information including student identification.