Students are expected to maintain reasonable standards of behavior as they pursue
their educational goals. Enrollment at KCC carries with it certain obligations and
responsibilities that are respectful of the mission and functions of the college.
Certain standards maintain the integrity of the institution and promote the welfare
of the college community. Unwillingness or inability to abide by these standards
may result in disciplinary action. Students shall:
- Be responsible college citizens, respecting the rights and freedoms of others, individual
differences, and diversity;
- Practice academic honesty. Students shall not cheat, plagiarize, steal examinations
or course material, knowingly furnish false information to the college, or forge,
alter, or misuse college documents, records, or identification;
- Assist the educational process. Students shall not obstruct or disrupt teaching
or other authorized college activities and functions on college-controlled property
or in the community. Students shall not have unauthorized entry to or use of college
facilities or block access to or egress from such areas;
- Respect individual dignity. Students shall not participate in physical or verbal
abuse or behave in a manner which threatens or endangers the health or safety of
any person on collegecontrolled property or at functions sponsored or supervised
by the college. Students shall not participate in sexual or other harassment of
any member of the college community, or display conduct which is disorderly, lewd
- Respect the property of others. Students shall not steal or damage college property
or that of a member of the college community or a visitor to college facilities;
- Use college supplies, equipment and funds only as authorized by college staff;
- Not use, possess, or distribute alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, firearms, explosives,
dangerous chemicals, substances, instruments, or other weapons or items which can
be used to inflict bodily harm or damage on college-controlled property or at functions
sponsored or supervised by the college. In certain instances, pre-approval may be
granted for in-class display or demonstration;
- Comply with the directions of college officials acting in the performance of their
duties. Students shall not violate college policies or regulations, including those
regarding student organization. Refrain from tobacco use in all campus buildings.
Use of tobacco products is permitted only in designated areas.
- Students shall not have cell phones, pagers, PDA’s or other electronic devices on
audio response while in classrooms, the LRC, or other learning environments.
- Students shall not falsify student information including student identification.