Skype for Business can be used to chat with our staff. It is included in your Office 365 subscription. Please see below for information on installing and using Skype for Business.
Skype for Business can be installed on your PC as well as on mobile devices. If you have used Office 365 to install the Office suite on your PC then Skype for Business may already be installed on your computer.
Installing the PC Client
Installing mobile clients
- Visit https://products.office.com/en-us/skype-for-business/download-app#desktopAppDownloadregion and click on the “Download licensed client” button
- You will be prompted to log into Office 365 (unless already logged in)
- Click on either the “Install Office” button to install the complete Office suite including Skype for Business or click on the “Install Skype” button to install only the Skype for Business client.
- Complete the installation dialog
The app can be found for Android in the Google Play
store and for IOS in the App Store
. To install, just follow those links to the respective store for your device and click the “Install” or “Get” button.
How to chat with a user
You can chat with any of our staff using Skype for Business. You can either click on their Skype for Business chat link in our Directory
or use the following steps to search somebody.
- Type their name in the box that says “Find Someone” (PC Client), “Search in the company directory” (Android), or “search for contacts” (IOS).
- In the search results you will see the list of people along with their presence information. Their presence will either show them as being:
- “Away” ,
- “Busy” ,
- “Available” .
**Please note that you can check the “Conversation History” in your Office 365 Outlook account to find any missed chat messages.**