Immunization Requirements

Immunization Requirements

In accordance with the Oregon State Public Health, Division, Administrative Rule 333-050-0140

Klamath Community College requires that students involved in clinical experiences in allied health programs, practicum experiences in education and child care programs, and membership on intercollegiate sports teams have two doses of measles vaccine prior to each student’s participation in those activities. The requirement applies only to those students born on or after January 1, 1957.

One of the following records may be accepted as adequate proof of two doses of measles vaccine:

Written documentation of the date* of each dose, on or after the first birthday, with a minimum of 28 days between first dose and second dose.

Or, if no available month and year for the first dose is available, the date* of the second dose in or after December, 1989 if the student was born prior to January 1, 1984 is acceptable.

Record in one of the following formats:

  • Record signed by the student, health care practitioner, or an authorize representative of the local health department.
  • An unsigned record printout from the statewide immunization information system, Oregon Immunization ALERT; or
  • An unsigned record printout from a computer system approved by the Public Health Division as specified in OAR 333-050-0060(5).

Exemptions: The law allows for students to be exempted from the measles vaccine requirement if:

  • There is a medical reason for them not to receive the vaccine (physician documentation required),
  • There is a history of disease (must provide documentation of adequate measles [rubeola] titer or physician documented diagnosis),
  • Date of measles vaccine are not available (must provide documentation of adequate measles [rubeola] titer),
  • Or they choose not to receive the vaccine because of religious beliefs.

Registration: Registration to attend classes will not be allowed for students until they complete their immunization requirements.

If immunizations are not up to date, the students can receive them at the local health department or their own physician’s office.

*month and year is acceptable


Immunization Form is available here.